What Will You Learn?
In this course, you can expect to learn beginner Marketo Engage skills and best practices to deliver campaigns that generate results.
Our “Marketo 101” course offers the fastest and most efficient route to learning how to:
- Create Marketo forms, landing pages, and emails
- Manage, grow, and segment your database
- Create Marketo campaigns
- Apply a Test and Learn approach using Marketo’s built-in capabilities
- Drive revenue with reliable reporting
Once finished, you will have gained an understanding of Marketo Engageʼs marketing automation methodology, and the skills to confidently execute campaigns that drive revenue.
Want us to help you do more? Try our consulting services!
What Do You Need To Take This Course?
No prior knowledge of Marketo is necessary. To succeed with this course, all you need is time.
In addition to a connected device, we recommend a headset, second screen or monitor, mouse, and pop-ups enabled to get the most out of this course.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is ideal for anyone who will be working in Marketo but is unfamiliar with its features and needs a quick start to work within the automation platform.
Get started today with our self-paced online Marketo Engage training for Beginners, including practice exercises and module quizzes, for $750.
Module 1: MARKETO OVERVIEW
- Learn the purpose and function of Marketo Engage
- Tour of the platform
- Marketo terminology
- Visit the community and access support
Module 2: ORGANIZATION AND GOVERNANCE
- The importance of organization
- Organization tips and best practices
- Value of naming conventions
- Optimizing your instance using folders
Module 3: DATABASE
- How people are created
- Database management
- Lists (system, group, smart, and static)
Module 4: PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Email, engagement, event, and default programs overview
- Program tags and period costs
- Tracking program acquisition
- Automating programs with smart campaigns
Module 5: CREATIVE ASSETS
- Managing assets in Marketo
- Creating and customizing forms
- Landing Page creation and best practices
- Email editor and capabilities
Module 6: EMAIL SEND PROGRAM
- When to use an Email Send Program
- The 4 steps to success
- Program Dashboard
- Email best practices
Module 7: ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM
- Engagement Program methodology
- Setting up an Engagement Program
- Streams, cadence, and transition rules
- How to add and manage people
Module 8: EVENT PROGRAM
- Selecting the appropriate Channel for your event
- Program statuses and smart campaigns
- LaunchPoint Partner Program
- How to leverage tokens for events
MODULE 9: A/B TESTING
- Best practices for optimal testing
- Testing options in Marketo Engage
- Variables available to test
- Setting up an email A/B test
MODULE 10: DEFAULT PROGRAM
- When to use a Default Program
- Leveraging smart campaigns
- Flow step options and best practices
- Default Program Channels
MODULE 11: REPORTING & ANALYTICS
- Reporting types available in Analytics
- Customizing and saving reports
- Report subscriptions
- Custom Columns, Drill-Down, and Smart Lists
MODULE 12: TOKENS
- In-depth introduction to tokens
- Token types and when to use them
- Personalizing content and campaigns with tokens
- Token hierarchy and nesting
MODULE 13: DATA MANAGEMENT
- Database health – why it matters
- Bad data consequences (and how to avoid them)
- Data management campaigns
- Best practices on keeping your database clean
a live (virtual or on-site), instructor-led classroom experience for you and your team. includes access to a sandbox environment.
Meet Your Instructors
Fun fact: Michelle can speed-read pig Latin!
She is certified in Marketo and Adobe Experience Manager and is located in Columbia, South Carolina.
He’s been a Marketo Certified Expert since 2018 and boasts hundreds of successful engagements to his credit.
Live Classroom Experience
Send Us an Email
Schedule a Call
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from the on-demand learning experience?
The on-demand classroom consists of pre-recorded training sessions led by our certified, expert instructors who will guide you through the content in a self-paced fashion.
How much does the course cost?
The investment in the on-demand course is $750. This course is the most efficient and effective way to jumpstart the skills you need to drive more revenue with Marketo Engage.
How do I convince my boss I need this course?
The Pedowitz Group is a Marketo Platinum Partner and 3x Partner of the Year. Our team of certified experts specialize in leveraging marketing automation to drive more proven revenue.
With the investment in this live, expert-led course, you’ll quickly build the skills that are critical to navigate Marketo Engage and execute results-driving campaigns.
Do I get access to Marketo?
With the custom training option, you do! However, this is only for the duration of the course, so we only recommend marketers with dedicated access to the tool (or soon-to-be access) enroll.