In many organizations Marketing Operations is the function responsible for marketing performance measurement, strategic planning guidance and execution, budgeting, process development, professional development, and marketing systems and data. The Pedowitz Group (TPG) Marketing Operations services fill the gaps for firms building out this function. We also help in the definition of roles, job descriptions and charter creation.
Marketing Operations provides services to other marketing groups such as demand generation, and is vital to alignment of marketing with sales, other business units, IT and finance. The Marketing Ops function enables the marketing organization to shift from being viewed as a cost center to a revenue center and to operate more like a business, with formalized best practices, processes, infrastructure and reporting.
The Pedowitz Group provides services to support the following Marketing Operations roles:
- Marketing Technology Management
- Data Management
- Marketing Process Management
- Reporting and Analytics
- Vendor Management
- Training and Education
We help organizations provide a transparent, efficient and accountable view of marketing. Effective Marketing Ops services can also increase marketing efficiency and organizational agility. The benefits of an effective Marketing Operations organization also include:
- Improved effectiveness by collecting and managing best practices
- Shared performance data and process efficiencies to benefit multiple teams
- Improved performance through shared expertise on technology, process and customer engagement
- Enhanced skills in measurement, reporting and analysis of data leads to repeatable results
- Identifiable baselines and established goals for operational performance
- Standards for global marketing processes resulting in consistency and higher quality
- Owned and managed data governance, maintenance, quality and integrity
We help clients wrestle with the issues of what belongs in Marketing Ops, and what doesn’t; what services are best centralized versus those that can be distributed to field offices. We provide Marketing Operations role clarity and guidance on MBOs, team goals and charter.
Call us today to discuss how a robust Marketing Operations function can accelerate the effectiveness of your marketing organization.