Account Based Marketing (ABM) is a strategic Sales and Marketing approach designed to engage, acquire and expand business with high value prospects and customers through valuable, relevant, account-centric content. Further, ABM is far more than just technology. The tools that are available for hyper-targeting are designed to amplify an ABM strategy. If the strategy is missing, the tool cannot be optimized, and will not produce the outcomes that it was designed to achieve.
The Pedowitz Group (TPG) ABM services help organizations learn to design and execute account-specific programs. We recognize that ABM is a collaborative sales and marketing effort that ultimately drives alignment between the groups.
When executed correctly, Account Based Marketing involves extensive target account knowledge and research to aid in building a customized plan for each account, intended to drive revenue. ABM leverages account specific business challenges and identification of each member of the buying group(s) to create highly relevant, unique messages for both inbound and outbound account engagement.
Benefits of implementing an effective ABM strategy include:
- Bigger deal sizes: Demandbase found that the average value of a contract for high value target accounts was 40% higher for mid-market and 35% higher for enterprise accounts. For sales leaders, that’s a pretty compelling reason to partner with marketing on ABM.
- Higher close rates: In the same study, Demandbase found that deals close rates were 285% higher for targeted enterprise accounts.
- Tighter alignment between sales and marketing: In our experience, implementation of an ABM strategy drives very tight alignment between sales and marketing. This kind of partnership is unprecedented in so many organizations. It is truly remarkable.
In the current B2B marketing environment, traditional Demand Generation is losing ground when it comes to engaging your high value customers and prospects. Customers no longer want to hear about your products and services. They want to learn about their business, feel as though you understand their industry, and receive ideas from you on how they can become more effective, more efficient and grow revenue.
To support a new strategy, TPG offers ABM Services that include:
- ABM best practices education
- ABM strategy design and development
- Omni-channel, target account specific engagement programs and campaigns
- Content strategy development to support specific account engagement
- ABM technology optimization through strategic program design
TPG’s comprehensive ABM services are built on extensive experience of our revenue marketing consultants and their work with hundreds of organizations in a wide variety of industries including high tech, pharma, finance, manufacturing and retail.
The success of your ABM strategy built with our team will depend on three major things:
- A strong staff of senior level marketing and sales support for implementation of an ABM business strategy
- Proper education of your marketing program/campaign managers and the content team about the differences between traditional Demand Generation and ABM
- A clearly defined process with ‘rules of engagement’ that both sales and marketing agree to and understand
Our ABM services team will work with you to build your ABM strategy, educate your team on the key best practices of ABM, develop ABM processes, and create and execute custom ABM campaigns. In addition, we can work with you to develop ABM specific reporting and analytics to ensure that your campaigns are effectively driving revenue.