To relieve some of the pressure, we’re very excited to release a brand new, one-of-its-kind report based on our own primary marketing research. This new report, The Revenue Marketing Index 2019 Report, will help you understand the current state of Revenue Marketing. It also provides insights you can use to activate your own Revenue Marketing Journey.
Revenue Marketing isn’t just a catch phrase. It’s the term we use to describe the next frontier of the marketing industry. Revenue Marketing is a holistic approach that helps marketers prove ROMI, create optimal customer experiences, and compete in the digital world.
During our research, we uncovered many interesting statistics, including the following:
- Only just over half (57%) of respondents to TPG’s Revenue Marketing Assessment reported being very aligned or aligned to their business.
- According to data compiled during research for the RMI Report, only 12% of marketers indicated that they are very aligned with sales, yet 100% of CMOs responded that sales and marketing alignment is the most critical relationship for revenue marketing transformation.
- Only 36% of respondents indicated they are capable to very capable in data management.
- Less than 32% of respondents reported they are aware of highly aware of marketing technologies.
- Only 25% of respondents indicated they have successfully and fully adopted marketing technology.
- 74% of respondents reported not being capable or only being somewhat capable in customer journey management.
- 35% of respondents indicated they were capable or very capable of persona management.
- 32% of respondents reported being capable or very capable in customer engagement.
With all this going on, it’s no wonder that marketing teams are sometimes struggling to survive and thrive. Fortunately, The Revenue Marketing Index 2019 Report lays out the solution. We’ve done the research so you can reap the benefits.
The Revenue Marketing Index 2019 Report is a review of where the market stands in relation to Revenue Marketing maturity. In addition, it offers insights and advice (based on the evaluation of over 1,000 marketers across 30 capabilities) to guide and accelerate you in your own Revenue Marketing journey.
This report is important because, as our research indicates, most marketing teams are functioning below expectations when it comes to revenue and growth. Surprising? Yes! Especially given the powerful tools now available to marketing departments. But even with so much technology, information, and education at their disposal, marketing is still behaving in a very traditional, activity-based way.
It’s time to step up. It’s time to become an accountable part of your organization and earn a seat and voice at the table. But how?
Revenue Marketing is the path forward! It’s designed to drive financial results. Ultimately, it’s a strategy-to-action framework that gives repeatable, predictable, and scalable business outcomes. Since 2010, over 1,000 companies have used the Revenue Marketing framework to go digital, engage customers, and grow revenue.
The Revenue Marketing Index Report is a first of its kind report. In this report, you will gain data-driven insights on the maturity of the market across six key pillars and 30 capabilities. Plus, you’ll have access to actionable insights that will help you navigate and accelerate your own Revenue Marketing journey.
In order to measure the maturity of the market, we created the Revenue Marketing Index (RMI). The RMI, the only measure of its kind, represents the current state of Revenue Marketing maturity across the broader market, and it currently sits at 2.3 (out of a possible 4 points). This RMI score shows the market is still in the Lead Generation stage of Revenue Marketing, and it shows both the complexity of becoming a Revenue Marketing organization as well as the confusion around how to mature.
The RMI score shows where you are on the Revenue Marketing Journey (RMJ). The RMJ has 4 stages. It starts with Traditional Marketing, then moves to Lead Generation, then to Demand Generation, and finally graduates to Revenue Marketing. Each stage has its own complexities and challenges, and our report makes it easy to see why marketers are having such a difficult time moving past the Lead Generation stage.
This is why TPG felt it was so important to release this report. Not only to show how the market stands in terms of Revenue Marketing maturity but also to show a way forward through the hectic state of marketing today. We want to provide you with the insight you need to start or carry on in your own Revenue Marketing journey.
Download the Revenue Marketing Index 2019 Report now to learn the state of Revenue Marketing as it stands today and gain valuable insights that will help you and your marketing team become Revenue Marketers.
- Posted by Ashley Thompson
- On 03/27/2019
- 0 Comments