Target Marketing – Marketing The Individual: First lets start of with a check list of items you’ll need
- Choose the product/products you want to market. If you have a service or only 1 product use that.
- Start off by creating some demographics of who would is the right fit for the product? Remember don’t be afraid to cut out people who don’t fit the demographics!
Here are a few questions to ask when putting together those lists:
- Are your target customers male or female?
- How old are they?
- Where do they live? Is geography a limiting factor for any reason?
- What do they do for a living?
- What is the company’s yearly revenue? This is very important because this confirms if they can afford what you are selling or not.
- What other aspects of their lives matter? What’s their pain point? What do they stay up night worrying about?
- Choose the best current content you have that can be used for this campaign. Don’t just use white papers and data sheets vary the type of content they will be receiving. Also what type of content can we re-purpose? Have an awesome whitepaper? AWESOME! Lets see if we can make it into an info-graphic or whitepaper! Ideally we want about 5 to 10 assets total. A lot of this will depend on the product and the amount of information we want to get across. Remember we’re going to be using hard-hitting facts that get straight to the point, not to much fluff!
- So we know the person, we have our assets the rest is simple! Just hit the send button! Before we rush into it remember all parts are equally important so let’s not rush into the send campaigns. We also want to make sure we have enough time in between the each email so there is enough time to consume all the information we send. Ideally we want to send 1 asset every week. Remember, lets make sure we get our ducks in a row before we hit the send button.
- In the kitchen, presentation and plating counts as well as the ingredients used! So lets start looking at the assets and see in which order we want them delivered. Also at this point we want to start making a list of action words that we can use for engaging Subject Lines! At this point we also want to start looking at the design and the User Experience (UX). The pathway that a prospect follows is just as important to the overall campaign. A quick checklist of items before we hit send.
With this version of target marketing our focus is on the person. We want to make sure we talk to them in every email on a human level. Lets connect with the pain points and lets offer solutions that will put their mind at ease. Today’s consumers are more marketing-savvy than ever before and when we take time to understand their need and address it, they are more likely to engage back with us.
Raja Walia is a ten-year veteran with sales and marketing experience. As the TPG residential marketing technology and integration specialist, he has helped clients integrate and launch marketing automation and CRM platforms. He is an intuitive teacher, instilling in his clients the importance of a good strategy while educating them on how technology fits into their company's vision. Raja is best known for his idiom "Let me try to Sherlock Holmes it." Through expert reporting and analytics, he's capable of putting the "closed" in “closed loop reporting" turning mystery into easily tracked reports. Raja puts his skills to work from his office in Phoenix, Arizona where his wife and lazy cat escape the scorching summer heat.
- Posted by Raja Walia
- On 03/15/2016
- 0 Comments