Last updated: July 2021
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
At The Pedowitz Group, we stand against systemic racism of our Black colleagues and discrimination in all forms. We stand in solidarity with our employees and the Black community to condemn police brutality and racial injustice. Black Lives Matter.
As a company with Integrity and Service as core values, we are accountable for our actions and do what we say we will do. We exist to serve and recognize that our business is dependent on and an integral part of the communities in which we live.
This is why we are speaking out against racism and taking actionable steps to support the Black community and other groups that are disadvantaged and underserved.
We see you, we hear you, we are with you. We are ready to roll up our sleeves and do the work.
WHAT WE DO TO PROMOTE DIVERSITY, INCLUSIVITY AND EQUITY:
In the wake of the May 2020 killing of George Floyd and the ensuing unrest, our CEO Jeff Pedowitz felt a strong call to do more and be better for ourselves and our underserved communities. Simply throwing money and kind words at that issue would no longer suffice.
We had to live our values on these issues in a tangible and actionable way.
Since then, we have established a signature internship program to help uplift and transform the lives of youth within these affected communities. Working closely with Covenant House to identify underserved minority youth facing homelessness and other issues, we provide holistic and comprehensive training through a six-month period.
This includes life/communication skills, financial literacy and the opportunity for dedicated training and certifications on a variety of relevant platforms (e.g. Marketo, Pardot, etc.). These individuals learn coding, HTML, database and even Sales-related disciplines. As a result, all interns are now living self-sufficiently with a wide range of opportunities in their future that they otherwise would not have access to, and we continue to invest in this program.
Additionally, we have since:
- Reviewed all of our hiring and talent management processes to ensure fairness and objectivity, including removing identifying information of applicants to reduce bias in the hiring process
- Invested in diversity and racial sensitivity training for all employees.
- Matched employee donations made in support of equal rights, racial discrimination and other organizations that help further the cause.
- Provided a safe space for employees to come together and have conversations that will lead to meaningful change.
- Asked all employees to designate a company-funded, paid charity day to work on a cause related to racial discrimination or social justice.
- Featured minority executives on our CMO Insights executive video interview series.
We don’t have all the answers, but we are committed to listening, working, and collaborating with our employees, partners, and our communities to further inclusion and diversity.
We recognize there is much work to be done.
We welcome all ideas as we undertake this journey.
Please email us at EqualOpportunity@pedowitzgroup.com to share your feedback directly and help us continue to improve.