Financial services are not an impulse buy. Prospects need to be guided to resources that assist them in making the correct decision. That’s why a significant portion of your online success begins and ends with your website’s “landing pages”. Consider landing pages as being the back cover of a fiction book combined with its table of contents. At a glance, your potential customer should be intrigued and informed on how to obtain whatever it is they are searching for. Before we begin, it’s important to differentiate between what differentiates a “standard” and “landing” web page.
A Standard Page:
- May contain links to various directions across your site, or other resources off-site
- Content is less focused on a specific topic
- Great for overall search engine site rank, but may be low solo-page rank
A Landing page:
- Page presented by you through pay-per-click (PPC) marketing, e-mails and SEO campaigns
- Laser-focused on a single topic
- Includes a strong call to action
- Distractions are kept to a minimum. Reduce ads, social integration and links that might move the customer away from the purpose of the landing page
With only 15 to 25 seconds available for you to capture a prospect’s attention the content and presentation need to be clear, concise and to the point. Here are some tips to consider on your way to crafting that irresistible converting landing page:
- Present any professional credentials, certifications, accreditation or impartial third-party accountability services (BBB, Shopper Approved, etc.)
- Limit where a new prospect can go by simplifying navigation
- The saying goes: a picture is worth a thousand words. Remember to incorporate images and graphs to limit reading and improve engagement
- Call to action. What does the user need to do? Where do they need to go?
Your online success lives and dies by your landing pages. With a global market and thousands of other companies competing for your customers, you can’t afford to make a bad first impression. Work with your marketing specialists to ensure that you are putting your best foot forward by having exciting, well-planned landing pages designed to carry your prospect from window shopper to happy customer.
Raja Walia is a ten-year veteran with sales and marketing experience. As the TPG residential marketing technology and integration specialist, he has helped clients integrate and launch marketing automation and CRM platforms. He is an intuitive teacher, instilling in his clients the importance of a good strategy while educating them on how technology fits into their company's vision. Raja is best known for his idiom "Let me try to Sherlock Holmes it." Through expert reporting and analytics, he's capable of putting the "closed" in “closed loop reporting" turning mystery into easily tracked reports. Raja puts his skills to work from his office in Phoenix, Arizona where his wife and lazy cat escape the scorching summer heat.
- Posted by Raja Walia
- On 02/10/2017
- 0 Comments