There are many things that a Lookup Table can do. Below are a few examples of other useful items that a Lookup Table can be used for.
- Assign a state to a field based on a zip code
- Translate a short code to a full-length word in another field
- Update a sales region by state/zip
- Update industry from a SIC code
Lookup Tables can be found in Eloqua under Data Tools: Visit Audience > Tools > Data Tools > Lookup Tables
Creating one is very easy. Visit the Data Tools Small Menu > New Lookup Table
- Name your Lookup Table
- Place it in a folder
- Enter your Lookup value Column Name
- Enter your Replacement Column Name
Pretty easy right?
There are two ways to update your table data: one by one or as an import.
- In your program, add a new step where the data will be updated.
- Select Run Update Rule Set
- Create a new Update Rule
- The language of your rule is to update your field, with the look up table value when the field data matches the lookup table key.
Using a lookup for something custom to your company can be a helpful tool. Think outside the box, if “you have this, you can write that” automatically.
Stephanie Pence is a Revenue Engineer for The Pedowitz Group. She has an Eloqua Master Certification along with 8 years experience in Sales, Marketing and PR.
- Posted by Stephanie Pence
- On 08/04/2016
- 0 Comments