Since 2007 the Content Marketing Institute has become the leading resource for what is now considered the content marketing industry. Joe Pulizzi, Founder and CEO of CMI, is the industry’s top evangelist, traveling the globe educating brands and marketers on how to become a content first organization.
In 2011 CMI launched its flagship conference, Content Marketing World, and in just 6 years has grown attendance from just over 600 to more than 3600 marketers from 50 countries. Earlier this year, Content Marketing Institute was purchased by UBM, one of the world’s largest B2B event organizers.
In this episode of CMO Insights, Jeff Pedowitz, CEO of The Pedowitz Group, talks with Joe about the current state of content and how organizations can improve this area of marketing to drive more business. Watch to learn Joe’s take on:
- The role of content as it relates to demand generation and what’s required to allow content to be successful
- Developing a smarter strategy to create more effective content and why less can definitely be more with content development
- What skills your marketing department needs to consider to go beyond marketing and become a media outlet for your audience
- Technology and what really needs to happen before you purchase another piece of software for your marketing team
- Keeping measurement of content focused on four key areas to move your business and your bottom line forward