Sixteen months ago, we started the revenue marketing journey together. We defined revenue marketing as the combined set of strategies, processes, people, technologies, content and result measurements across marketing and sales.
What followed was a series of articles that chronicled the major tasks fundamental to transforming your marketing organization to one that influences revenue in a predictable, scalable way. We covered, in the following order, the organization structure, the processes, content, channels, technology and analytics. Links to all 16 posts are provided below.
- First Steps in the Revenue Marketing Journey
- An Organizational Structure for Modern Marketing Success
- Marketing Operations Grows Up: Why Unicorns Rule
- Driving Demand Generation: Who Belongs on That Bus?
- The Digital and Content Team: Is Splintering a Verb?
- 5 Core Marketing Operations Processes to Master
- 7 Outrageous Lead Management Errors and How to Fix Them
- Is Data-Driven Decision-Making (3D) at the Heart of Your Marketing Organization?
- Add Data Operations to Accelerate Your Revenue Marketing Journey
- WARNING Don’t Wing Campaign Development: 6 Steps to a Flawless Rollout
- Are You Drowning in Content Chaos?
- Brilliant Marketing: Why Thomas Edison Was Light-Years Ahead of His Time
- How to Formulate Your 2018 Content Marketing Strategy
- Your Prospects Are Multichannel. Are You?
- How Marketing Operations Chooses Wisely Between Bright, Shiny Objects
- Get Revenue Marketing Analytics Right for 2018
Now that we have covered the fundamentals of revenue marketing, it is time to discuss how we operationalize a response to the big challenges facing marketing today using our revenue marketing capabilities. How do we help marketing become even more accountable, fully execute a digital transformation, and embrace the customer experience as the dominant competitive battlefield?
Next month, we will start with accountability and how to shape those quarterly and annual goals of the marketing organization.
This article was originally posted on targetmarketingmag.com. It can be found here.
Kevin Joyce is CMO and vice president of strategy services with The Pedowitz Group. He holds a unique combination of marketing skills and sales experience that helps companies to bridge the gap between sales and marketing. Kevin is a marketing executive with 35 years of experience in high tech, holding positions that include engineering, marketing, and sales. For more than 16 years, Kevin has worked with SMB to enterprise companies on their journeys to transform their demand generation strategies as it relates to the six key components of a successful Revenue Marketing™ engine: strategy, people, process, technology, customers and results. Kevin has successfully launched numerous products and services as a director of product marketing at Sequent, as a director of sales at IBM, as vice president of marketing at Unicru, and as CEO at Rubicon Marketing Group. He holds a BS in Engineering from the University of Limerick, Ireland and an MBA in Marketing from the University of Portland.
- Posted by Kevin Joyce
- On 02/08/2018
- 0 Comments