Revenue Marketing™ transformation is all about having a proactive approach to the inevitable changes that marketing must make to stay relevant to their customers. Usually, a year after purchasing a Marketing Automation Platform, organizations realize that the technology alone is not enough to meet expectations and deliver desired results, whether financial, operational or technical.
Further, customers have changed the way they research and buy. We have become an on demand, digitally driven culture. Consumers expect vendors and suppliers to respond quickly when they need human interaction – despite the fact that they get 80% of the way through the buying journey before ever interacting with a vendor or supplier.
In an effort to help those clients realize the path forward, The Pedowitz Group (TPG) introduced the Revenue Marketing Journey™ in 2006 to help in discovering where our clients are today, and how to transform their marketing team into a sophisticated marketing machine. TPG’s Marketing Strategy services are geared toward helping clients to make that strategic shift.
We begin by outlining the Revenue Marketing Journey™ and helping clients understand where they fall along it:
The journey outlines our approach to developing a Transformational Marketing Strategy.
- Evaluate and assess the existing marketing environment across six key controls: strategy, people, process, customer engagement, technology adoption and results.
- Develop a plan to transform over a period of time and based on the organization’s appetite for change
- Partner to develop key processes and team structure to ensure quick wins
- Develop key knowledge and skills so the machine runs smoothly
- Closely monitor and measure success of the evolution
Our Transformational Marketing Strategy consulting services cover all six key controls and provide you with a roadmap for transforming your business over time.
Our services include:
- Building the business case for your specific organization to ensure executive level buy-in and support. This is a full day engagement with one of our senior strategists. You will leave with a clear ‘presentation’ that you can use to pull in your stakeholders and drive engagement.
- If you are just beginning your journey, or exploring the possibilities, we offer a light assessment to establish a high level baseline of where you are today, which results in a high level plan for transformation. This is typically followed by a virtual session, delivered as an executive overview of the analysis and recommendations.
- For those with executive support or a compelling business case for change, we offer a comprehensive assessment that deep dives into the six controls and the details we know with certainty that drive transformation. This is followed by a two-day, onsite engagement during which we share the detailed assessment results as well as a strategy-into-action planning session.
- In time, most organizations find that their marketing structure needs to change to meet the requirements of the business. To that end, we offer functional area chartering to define the purpose and importance of each area. Whether it is marketing operations or the demand generation Center of Excellence, we define the group function, and the roles and responsibilities of the team and individual contributors.
Our Transformational Marketing Strategy consulting service has been built from our mantra – turning cost centers into revenue centers. This transformation does not happen over night, but rather over a period of one to three years, depending on your organization’s desire and ability to change. Whatever your situation may be, our strategists are here to help you move your business forward and demonstrate the true value of marketing today.
Find out where you stand along the Revenue Marketing Journey™. Take this brief assessment today.