Lead Management identifies, manages and optimizes the mix of lead sources and channels to yield more qualified leads, higher conversion rates and the best return on investment for your marketing efforts. The end result is to enable sales to do more selling and less prospecting while providing marketing the insight to maximize campaign investments. No two Lead Management models are the same, however we leverage our experience to construct a model that aligns with your business nuance and objectives.
Have you heard sales say that marketing’s leads are poor quality or that they don’t rely on marketing to meet and exceed their quota? How about marketing stating that sales is not following up with marketing leads in a responsive fashion? Sound familiar? These are common challenges within most organizations.
The Pedowitz Group (TPG) helps you build a Lead Management foundation by developing a shared definition of a sales-ready lead and defining your complete lead lifecycle. We assess your current Lead Management model and then outline the process for lead status, routing, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and recycling. Additionally, we help you construct an optimal lead scoring model, define roles and responsibilities, and build comprehensive funnel reporting and analytics.
Our Lead Management services include:
- Lead Management education and design of your Lead Management process and SLAs
- Lead Management Capability services, including the education, training, design, documentation and implementation of your Lead Management process, roles and SLAs
- Development of a funnel reporting and analytics framework, including optimization of your Lead Management processes as it relates to funnel metrics and lead velocity. Our team of Marketing Automation Platform and CRM experts can design and build funnel reports for you in your systems.
- Funnel Management services so we can help you manage your funnel quality, and conversions, on a monthly basis once the Lead Management process and the funnel reporting framework are in place.
These services are built to get you to a fully optimized state as quickly as possible. We will work with you to define your new Lead Management process, help you implement it over a period of time, train you on it, measure it, and institutionalize it within your organization so that it works and continues to work.
The negative impacts of ineffective Lead Management processes include ongoing complaints from sales about the lead quality, frustration from marketing about the lack of sales follow up, and poor quality data in the marketing automation system and the CRM. If you automate a broken or poorly documented process, it will break faster. On the flip side, research shows that organizations with robust, automated Lead Management processes:
- Have a 9.3% higher sales quota achievement rate (CSO Insights)
- Enjoy an average of 10% more sales people on-quota compared to other companies (CSO Insights)
- See a 10% or greater increase in revenue in 6-9 months. (Gartner Research)
Key Lead Management components:
- Shared definition of a lead and qualified lead
- Defined lead statuses
- Clearly defined automated routing procedures
- Effective lead scoring
- Documented roles and associated Service Level Agreements (SLA) between sales, lead development and marketing
- Comprehensive funnel reporting and analytics
Lead Management is an on-going process and never “complete.” Success in contingent upon sound communication and response from sales and marketing. It is incumbent on the process owner regularly monitoring key metrics and feedback and incorporating into the model.
An effective Lead Management process enables marketing to measure the impact of its initiatives on the pipeline and on revenue. It enables lead development representatives to better manage their funnel of leads and see sales follow-up. Ultimately, this results in higher quality leads for sales representatives.
Start a better Lead Management Process today by using the contact us form to get started.