Content Operations is the planning, development, publishing and management of content for the achievement of strategic business goals. Content provides the foundation for customer experiences, and as Gartner so eloquently put it, customer experience is the new competitive battleground.
The Pedowitz Group (TPG) offers multiple services related to Content Operations:
- Content Operations Capability Development
- Content Operations Platform Enablement
- Content Assessments
- Content Operations as a managed service
- Content Marketing Strategy Development
Content Operations Capability Development Services
The TPG Content Operations Capability Development helps organizations develop the skills, processes, tools and technologies needed to drive meaningful business results through content. We help you develop the capability to excel in Content Marketing.
Building a Content Operations capability for your organization also means defining a Content Marketing Strategy, forming a team and learning to manage content through its entire lifecycle. As part of developing this capability for your organization we will work with you to:
- Define content governance, roles and responsibilities
- Integrate a Content Operations platform
- Audit and assess your current content
- Develop a new Content Marketing Strategy
- Create an editorial calendar
- Manage your content inventory
- Analyze and optimize content and Content Operations
We use a research-based, industry-leading capability development methodology.
Content Operations Platform Enablement
Content Operations platforms are exceptionally powerful tools that need to be integrated into your business to truly realize their value. Configuring those platforms properly – so that they tie directly to your customers and business objectives – is the critical first step in accelerating their adoption.
Let’s partner together to take a strategic approach to your Content Operations platform configuration. This ensures you develop the right:
- Content creation and management processes
- Roles and responsibilities for the team
- Content inventory governance and taxonomy, including tags and tag values
- Content reporting and analysis infrastructure
Working with us, you can put your personas, buying journey and platform into practice immediately through a live campaign.
A Content Assessment is the purposeful collection, categorization and analysis of an organization’s content inventory. This is done to understand the current state of the inventory to drive strategic business objectives and to identify gaps that need to be filled.
In practice, this means:
- Gathering an entire organization’s content
- Categorizing this content against a number of criteria, including media, personas and buying cycle stage
- Analyzing the content inventory against the categories and within a matrix to assess the inventory’s ability to obtain the marketing objectives
We offer two levels of Content Assessment: basic and advanced. The basic is ideal for exposure into the methodology when an organization already knows what portion of their content is worth inventorying and deploying. The advanced assessment works for those organizations that need to understand the overall value of their full content inventory.
Whichever assessment you choose, understanding your current content puts you on the path to optimizing your inventory and improving customer experience.
Content Operations Managed Service
Sometimes the quickest path to revenue results is to leverage a partner, such as TPG, to build the Content Operations function. You’re able to quickly gain traction through results and bring the rest of the organization along. This allows you to focus your team on the Content Marketing Strategy and Content Development, while we build the function – processes, technology, analytics, and day-to-day program management of content projects.
When partnering with us, you’ll get best-in-class:
- Content Inventory Management
- Management of your Content Operations processes and projects
- Analysis and recommendations for improving your Content Operations and your content effectiveness
We are a turnkey team ready to deploy and manage Content Operations for your organization.
Content Marketing Strategy Development
A Content Marketing Strategy is a critical component for today’s demand-driven marketing department. We believe that a solid Content Marketing Strategy includes a mission statement, a style guide and an editorial calendar.
- Mission Statement: This is statement that defines what you stand for with any and all content that is produced for marketing purposes. This is a touchstone for you to refer to that will ensure all content created by your company aligns with the same overall purpose.
- Style Guide: Just like any great media company, your Content Operations must develop a Content Marketing style guide. This guide will outline specific areas such as tone of voice, expectations on length for writing, video and audio, appropriate use of brand words (what to say and what not to say), and more. This document ensures greater content consistency to provide a more seamless experience for your target audience.
- Editorial Calendar: Consistency is key to all great marketing and your editorial calendar will be the primary document that ensures your content supports your Demand Generation efforts in a timely fashion. We will map out your content types, channels, keywords and distribution to allow your Content Marketing efforts a greater chance for success.
When you partner with TPG on your Content Marketing Strategy, we will work alongside you to complete all of these documents. But this is only the beginning. Once you are set up, your Content Marketing Strategy is a living, breathing part of your marketing department. Each of these components will need to be reviewed on a regular basis and updated or modified. You need to move with the changes of your target audience and ensure your Content Marketing efforts are still aligned with your Demand Generation objectives.
Contact a TPG Expert today to discuss your Content Operations and Strategy needs.